Saturday, November 30, 2013

A Day at World Market

Konnichiwa!
If you are an American you know yesterday was the infamous... Black Friday. Getting up extremely early and heading out for good deals is what I was all about. As part of my "holiday" experience, I took a trip to a store called World Market. They have products from around the globe: Italy, Sweden, Germany, Indian, Chinese, Thai, Japanese- you name it. While I enjoyed browsing all of these cultures I mainly, of course, enjoyed the Japan sections. Here are pictures of some goodies I spotted while shopping.
 Hello Panda & other treats
 mochi & other treats
 ramune drinks (I spy a Hello Kitty ramune)
 traditional Japanese teapots with steepers inside (i find their extremely flat and round shape rather intriguing)
 the picture says it all
 teacups with lids
 a kokeshi Christmas ornament- bringing something Japanese into an American tradition. And its adorable!
 and my personal favorite... SUSHI ERASERS. Definitely want for school
 sushi stapler
sushi rolling mat with chopsticks and a rice paddle- perfect dining packer

So if you're looking for a gateway to the rest of the planet, check out World Market. Clearly it has captured other cultures with class! (props for alliteration there hmm?)

Keep it kawaii folks!
-Ainsley

No comments:

Post a Comment