Sunday, March 2, 2014

TV Episode Review: An Idiot Abroad - Climbing Mt. Fuji

Konnichiwa!
So basically.. it's been eons since I last posted. Second semester senior year is crazy . But don't worry I have like 2 pages of ideas for blog posts written up :) Lately I've been really getting into this show called An Idiot Abroad. It's about this disgruntled British man who is sent to all these different countries to experience their cultures (some of which are quite exotic and unpleasant). In this episode Karl, the subject of the show, is sent to Japan to climb Mt. Fuji. On the way, he experiences several little "treats"- a cat-petting cafe, sumo match, Buddhist temple, tea ceremony, eats fermenting fish, an exercise routine at a Japanese workplace, technology/invention center, and finally, the big mountain. (By the way, if anyone wants to see a cool video of a Japanese tea ceremony here's a link - http://youtu.be/7tt7NBIVeMY) It takes him from about 2 pm to 7 am the next day. That's so much time walking! But the view was absolutely beautiful, and I hope to go the some day. Karl actually quite enjoys his trip to Japan, as opposed to his trips in man of the other episodes. The idea of Buddhist meditation and the sacredness of tea really resonates with him. This show is amazing and hilarious, GO watch it :) 

Since I've been slacking on my blog lately, I think I'll make another post tonight (GTOTM) so stay up :)

Keep it kawaii folks!
-Ainsley

P.S. Sorry about the color-backing on the text. My accoun is messing up again

No comments:

Post a Comment