Sunday, March 30, 2014

Spring Break Goodies

Konnichiwa!
As you may know, Spring Break recently ended. Every Spring Break, my boyfriend goes to St. Augustine Florida (and I miss him soooo much every time). This year he brought me back some Japanese souvenirs because he knows how I am about Japan :)

First is a Japanese painted porcelain egg. I had seen one like this at the antique mall, and wanted it, but it was too expensive to buy. And now I have one :D

This may not look Japanese at first, but there is a message on the bottom: "The Art of Chokin- Chokin is the ancient Japanese art of engraving copper and gilding it with precious gold & silver & other decorative colors. This incredible art work first appeared on the armaments of the mighty Samurai Warriors in the late 12th century. The stunning Chokin Art has been handed down from generation to generation. Today it has evolved into an art of decorating various household articles as well as prized art collections by a handful of renowned and dedicated master of Chokin artists." I am currently using it to store some seashells he collected for me (fun fact, I also collect seashells)

How was your Spring Break?

Keep it kawaii folks!
-Ainsley

No comments:

Post a Comment